What Are Cannabis Terpenes and How Do They Work?
November 18, 2022
When you first started learning about cannabis, you most likely heard the term "terpenes". Terpenes are gaining popularity as more people become aware of how they alter the high from cannabis, even though CBD and THC are the cannabis components that receive the most attention. Knowing how terpenes affect cannabis can help you improve it and get closer to the perfect strain.
The trichomes of a plant naturally create terpenes, which are organic substances. Plants typically produce terpenes to protect themselves from predators. The flavors and aromas of cannabis flowers will vary depending on environmental factors.
Types of Cannabis Terpenes
More than one hundred terpenes are present in one strain. Cannabis strains primarily contain the following terpenes:
1. Limonene: Limonene, one of the most common terpenes found in cannabis plants, has a strong aroma similar to lemon, orange, and citrus.
2. Pinene: Pine needles, dill, and rosemary seeds contain it naturally. There are many benefits to using pinene, including improving concentration.
3. Myrcene: Mangoes, lemongrass, and thyme contain myrcene, which has an earthy aroma. The "mother of all terpenes" is a typical term for it.
4. Linalool: Lavender contains the oil linalool, which has a fruity and floral aroma.
5. Humulene: The scent of humulene resembles that of a brewery, as it is woody and earthy. Sherbert, Girl Scout Cookies, and black pepper often contain this terpene.
Effects of Terpenes
The effects of each cannabis strain are a result of the interaction between terpenes, CBD, and THC. The effects of CBD and THC on your high may be more or less noticeable depending on the terpene profile. Terpenes impact the brain but don't themselves make you high. When selecting your strains, many customers believe you should pay more attention to the terpene profile.
How Do Terpenes Improve Health?
One of the terpenes' finest qualities is the potential for positive effects on your health. The therapeutic and anti-inflammatory properties of several well-known terpenes enhance the experience.
In addition to lowering the risk of cancer, limonene has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Myrcene also possesses sedative, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. Pinene can prevent short-term memory loss and aid in opening the lungs' airways. Linalool is good for your immune system and can help with some pain-related side effects.
Get Your Cannabis Supplies at Weed Delivery Inland Empire!
If you are looking for cannabis products, Weed Delivery Inland Empire's cannabis delivery service is among the best on the market. We provide a broad range of cannabis products on our website to suit your demands and price range. Our company guarantees fast shipping for cannabis edibles, cartridges, concentrates, and other products. Contact us if you have any inquiries regarding services or products, and we'll be pleased to help. Get started today!